Thursday, March 8, 2012

It's pinewood derby time


We recently had a pinewood derbis for the Elders and I did pretty well. I had a hang up with one wheel but once it was figured out I was flying even beat the fastest car there on one run, if it wasn't for my bad first runs I think my overall times would have placed my first. And I had by far the coolest car there.
But now Max has decided to try out scouts and has a pinewood derby coming up. I am letting him choose his design and he will do most of the sanding and painting I will do the cutting and help with suggestions on wheels and weights but to satisfy my itch and not take over his project I will be building one with him. I chose a jeep this time and I think it will be really cool. Now to clean up the wood shop and hit the hobby store with Max. We are in for some good father and son time.

No comments: