Friday, March 9, 2012

We have a secret visiter

Max for some reason felt the cats needed 3 cups of food instead of one. So the next day I went out and noticed the food was gone and the bag was tipped over and someone had been eating out of it. I put the bag on a high shelf and told everyone only one scoop of food, this way they eat it all in the morning and still hunt critters around the yard. Heidi bought another bag of food and set it on the floor in the little room the cat door opens into. The next morning I found the entire bag of unopened cat food halfway out the cat door, whatever it was was trying really hard to get it open or get the entire bag out the little cat door.
So tonight I set a trap, I have the cats locked in the garage and switced the cat door to swing in only and not out so whatever is getting into the cat room will be trapped there tonight. I figure by tomorrow I should have either a pot of gold or a coon skin cap!

6 comments:

Mostly Broken said...

well I went to check my trap and the food is gone but there is nothing in the room. nowhere for it to go but the food is gone and no animal. all the doors are secure and the cat door was set to open one way only. the animal is big enough to drag a 30 lb bag of food halfway out the cat door but somehow he slipped away.

Mostly Broken said...

tonight I have a trap set I borrowed from a friend, I hope I catch it tonight. this is a real animal trap, it took me a bit to get it set up, but its all working and ready to go now.

Mostly Broken said...

Trap is sprung, food is gone and no animal! What the heck is this thing?!

the3bfgs said...

Oh my! Maybe it's time to run a video?

Mostly Broken said...

I tried to figure a way to get some video but nothing I came up with panned out since it would need to run about eight hours. I have since locked the food in a metal can and that seems to have stopped it for now. I may try the trap again but it would need modifications to outsmart this bugger. I just hope it's not some little alien that crashed near here. I can just imagine a little grey creepy sneaking in my cat door at night while I sleep upstairs.

the3bfgs said...

A little gray creepy disguised as a moon rock ...