Sunday, February 1, 2009

In the which I Propose

After Heidi and I had dated for a couple weeks or maybe one I realized she was the one I was going to marry. She had not come to this conclusion yet and some of my talk Freaked her out. After all it had only been a couple of weeks or maybe one. At one point she faked asleep so I would stop talking. I wasn't trying to push her, I was just excited about it. I didn't care how long it took, just as long as it ..."took". Any way a couple months go by and she is really starting to feel like I'm a bit marriage happy. She likes hanging out and dating but decides it's time to ditch me. She prays to make sure its right and comes to the realization she was going to marry me. This makes her cry. Not because she didn't like me, she just had other plans. She was having a ton of fun living on her own and may have felt that getting married may hinder that. Also this would make the Mission thing difficult. Any way we go ahead and pick out the ring some time later. She was on a trip to Georgia when it was finished. I picked it up and grabbed a couple of her friends and head up to Highland to pick her up after she got back. We had made plans to go to Lagoon and I had made plans to get a ring on her finger. I told her friends my plan and they were prepping me on what to say. Or at least asking me to plan it out in advance, as this was not something to just wing. (good idea) So we walk into Lagoon and Heidi askes what ride we wanted to go on first and I suggest the Ferris wheel. She reluctantly agrees all the while wondering what kind of a guy (weird) was I. I really don't like stuff in my pockets and for some reason I kept the ring in its case, it felt as weird as it looked, so I figured lets get down to business and get the ring case out of my pocket. We head on up and HD's friends wait for the next car. Actually they ask the ride operator to hold the ride when we get to the top. I didn't know this was the cue so I was a little surprised when it came to a stop. I got really nervous and hoped that my little speech would measure up to what she had imagined a proposal would sound like. I got down on one knee. I think the obnoxious kid in the next car felt it was his cue to be an idiot and yell stuff. Man you never have a pellet gun when you need one. Well she clapped her hands together and I got a big hug and a kiss. As we rode around she was showing the people in line her ring and her friends jumped up and down and screamed. It was great fun. She kept looking at the ring all day and showing her friends what it looked like in different lighting. good times. good times. credit to Leah for the good times quote.

1 comment:

Heidi and Rich said...

I'm glad you found Heidi - she is such a sweetheart. I have always thought she was nice - I wish you guys lived closer so we could hang out sometime. If you ever come to Vegas - we're here and would love to have you stay.